It’s Funny About Writing...
From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
- Winston Churchill
* I wrote a few children’s books. Not on purpose.
- Steven Wright
If Moses were alive today he’d come down from the mountain with the Ten Commandments and spend the next five years trying to get them published.
The road to hell is paved with adverbs.
- Stephen King
* The dubious privilege of a freelance writer is he’s given the freedom to starve anywhere.
- S.J. Perelman
Writing is easy. All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead.
- Gene Fowler
If you can’t annoy somebody, there’s little point in writing.
- Kingsley Amis
* Real seriousness in regard to writing is one of two absolute necessities. The other, unfortunately, is talent.
- Ernest Hemingway
* Writing is so difficult that I often feel that writers, having had their hell on earth, will escape all punishment thereafter.
- Jessamyn West
* I was sorry to hear my name mentioned as one of the great authors, because they have a sad habit of dying off. Chaucer is dead, so is Milton, so is Shakespeare, and I am not feeling very well myself.
- Mark Twain